Finish Strong: Determine What’s Important Now
How many times have you said to yourself, “This is the year I’m going to do this,” or “I’m finally going to save money,” but nothing happens?
That’s because you need to learn how to finish strong.
It’s easy to say you’re going to do something, or make plans for getting things going “one day”. But one day will probably never come.
You need to learn to shift your mindset and your habits.
For example, instead of saying “I’m going to save more,” make a clear goal. More could be a dollar a month, and is that really going to help?
Once you’ve decided, ok I’m going to save ten percent of my check each week – then come up with a plan. What are you going to cut out to make that happen? How are you going to control your spending?
No dream can become a reality without a solid plan.
On this episode of Redefining Wealth, we explore ways to make sure you finish strong. Anyone can create an idea, but only those who are truly prosperous can make it a reality.
Download this episode today to hear tips and tricks to making sure your promises to yourself make it to the real world.
The Cliff Notes:
- Find well-being in every area of your life.
- You can’t do what you say you want to do without a plan.
- Identify what matters most.
- At some point the pain of not doing it is greater than the pain of doing it.
- Find something that you are ok with the inconvenience of doing the work.
- Define what you need to win.
- Clarity brings confidence.
- You have to be clear about what you want before you can bring it forth.
- When you set something you know you want, you know when you want it by.
- Take the time to track your progress.
- Use accountability partners so you don’t let yourself off the hook.
- Don’t be embarrassed to share your goals.
- Move away from things that are a hope, a prayer, or a wish.
- Don’t use generic terms like “I want to save more” or “I want to pay off debt”.
- Give yourself deadlines.
- Use visual representations of your goals.
- Don’t be busy, be productive.
- E-mails shouldn’t be a priority.
- Limit your social media.
- Take your time back.
- Every minute counts, don’t let people talk just to talk.
- Create email templates for information you give out over and over again.
ENTER TO WIN:
Leave a comment with your big “Aha!” on this episode between Thursday, December 14th and Wednesday, December 20th as your entry to win our Inaugural Holiday Relaxation Gift Set from Redefining Wealth!
The Lynspiration Beauty & Bath set by Lyn Sisson-Talbert
Own Your Glow by Latham Thomas
Exponential Living by Sheri Riley
A beautiful candle by Alex Greenwood of Intuition.LA
Real Money Answers for Every Woman by ME, Patrice C. Washington
PLUS, you’ll get additional entries to win when you comment on the following episodes between Thursday, December 14th and Wednesday, December 20th . . .
Latham Thomas: The Necessity of Sacred Space
Sheri Riley: The Value of Being Present
The Power of No Comparison
Lyn Sisson-Talbert: Making Time for You Is Mandatory
A comment on each episode is an entry to win.
Winner announced on December 21st podcast episode.